Tuesday, March 6, 2012

scraps of colour

I just love colour!  Mixing it up in fabric is one of my favourite ways to play with it.  I keep all my scraps in colour groups so I can find what I want quickly...


But it does mean that I have rather a lot of scraps!  I love piecing them together to make something new, so I'm always on the lookout for projects that use us smaller bits of lovely fabrics.  Jasper has a special little friend who's turning four next week, and I thought a sweet cushion with her name on it would be a cute gift (together with a book, of course!  Couldn't have a birthday present without a book).  So I pulled out a rainbow of scraps and got busy sewing and ironing with some favourite fabrics...


...while Jasper got busy making a card for the birthday girl, using his favourite colours.


Definitely a gift made with lots of love!

ps:: we had a lovely time at Inspire Handmade Market in Deloraine on Friday night!  Thanks to all those who came along to check out all the amazing goodies available - we met some fabulous people and had some great chats!  Nothing quite like meeting your customers face-to-face!  I haven't heard how much was raised for the primary school, but it was a busy night so it's sure to be a good amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment