Monday, January 27, 2014

almost time for school…

One more ‘school holiday’ post before I get back into the sewing!  Much as I’m dreading the beginning of school (I love having my boys at home!), I can’t wait to show you the two dresses I’ve made.  I’ve learnt so much making them - zips, making and using piping, working with sheer fabrics, lining – given me lots of confidence for further projects!  Anyway…that will be another post! 

Over the long weekend we visited the bush maze in Glengarry – so beautiful out there.  All you can hear are birds and the trees…no ‘city’ noises.

IMG_5346 (Large)

We had so much fun doing the maze.  The boys led the way and loved every minute of it!

IMG_5239 (Large)IMG_5282 (Large)IMG_5252 (Large)IMG_5247 (Large)

After the maze, we explored lots of different puzzle and games.  Some of them were really challenging – much harder than they looked.

IMG_5330 (Large)IMG_5316 (Large)IMG_5339 (Large)IMG_5310 (Large)IMG_5315 (Large)IMG_5240 (Large)

It was a lovely special day to finish off the school holidays.  Hard to imagine getting back into routine…lunchboxes…trying to find a pair of socks (“Why to they have to match, Mama?  It’s so boring having to wear two socks the same.”)  But we are so blessed to have a beautiful school community with lovely teachers and great kids – nothing to complain about there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thanks for this post. Another place to add to our Tasmania itinerary. We LOVE mazes, and have been to a few different ones. We have been back at school for a week already and the schedules are quickly filling up. I understand what you mean about going back to school, we had such a relaxing summer this year, it was a little sad that it was all over. Good luck and can't wait to see your sewing results!

    ReplyDelete