Thursday, June 21, 2012

brown paper packages

Today brought very gloomy weather, but two lovely parcels came in the mail! 

IMG_0623 (Small)

One was a huge roll of elastic (I buy 20mm wide, ribbed, non-roll elastic in 50m coils from Elastix), wrapped in black paper and looking like a record.  I bought 50m last year, which means that in about 12 months I’ve made 100 pairs of reversible pants!  That’s a lots of little legs!

IMG_0017 (Small)

But the more interesting parcel was some lovely fabrics I bought from Singapore (on Etsy, from this seller).

IMG_0615 (Small)IMG_0616 (Small)IMG_0617 (Small)IMG_0618 (Small)

I try to shop locally as much as possible, but I fell in love with this alphabet panel, and though that I may as well make the shipping costs worthwhile by picking some other goodies at the same time (that sounds suspiciously like an excuse…I can assure you it’s not)!

U for UMBRELLA – “Won’t you share my umbrella?”

IMG_0619 (Small)IMG_0620 (Small)

K for KITCHEN - “Mother is busy in the kitchen”

IMG_0622 (Small)

And having two days this week without the boys at home, I’ve even made some progress with my new project.  Should be done in a day or two!

IMG_0593 (Small)IMG_0591 (Small)IMG_0594 (Small)

On another topic, today is Winter solstice.  While I’m appreciating cosy evenings tucked up on the couch and the fabulously flamboyant sunsets (I love that they are early enough for the boys to marvel at as well.  Jasper is always super-excited when the sky turns pink – “Look Mama, God turned the sky my favourite colour!”)…I’m really looking forward to longer (warmer) days too!

IMG_0234

No comments:

Post a Comment