Sunday, August 19, 2012

graduation!

On Saturday I graduated!  Like my hat?  I think it fits Toby better than me.

IMG_1075 (Large)

This was my third graduation.  I really don’t enjoy them at all.  What I really wanted to do was this:

IMG_1071 (Large)

As I was graduating as a Doctor of Philosophy, this time I had to sit in the front row, which made it even worse!  But I will definitely never be graduating with a PhD again, so I’m glad I did it, even though getting all dressed up and walking across a stage in front of hundreds of people was absolutely terrifying.  I was so worried I’d forget what to do.

IMG_1092 (Large)

My thesis was about hospital treatment provided to nineteenth-century patients in London, Bermuda and Van Diemen’s Land (Tasmania).  I put my sewing on hold during the three years it took to complete, and although I really enjoyed researching and writing, I’m loving being creative again!

IMG_1148 (Large)IMG_1145 (Large)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1146 (Large)

IMG_1096 (Large)

Coming up this weekend: Niche!  I will do a big sewing update very soon to show you what I’ve been working on.  There has been a lot of sewing going on, just not much blogging…

No comments:

Post a Comment