Thursday, July 4, 2013

neat and tidy = productive

I somehow feel much calmer when my fabric shelves are neat.  And more creative because sorting through the fabric gives me so many ideas!

IMG_8412 (Large)

I absolutely love colour.  So many new combinations just waiting to become something special!

IMG_8413 (Large)IMG_8421 (Large)IMG_8417 (Large)IMG_8415 (Large)

And I have been sewing with the fabric too, not just playing and dreaming!  Some memory card sets, off to Under the Oak…

IMG_8336 (Large)IMG_8329 (Large)IMG_8331 (Large)IMG_8325 (Large)

…birthday banners, and alphabet, and custom name banners…

IMG_8269 (Large)IMG_8233 (Large)IMG_8231 (Large)IMG_8192 (Large)IMG_8228 (Large)IMG_8225 (Large)

…and a sweet little reversible skirt (girl clothes!  With two boys, this is only the second skirt I’ve ever sewn that wasn’t for myself).  This was so much fun to make that I’m hoping to do some more.

IMG_8410 (Large)IMG_8404 (Large)IMG_8403 (Large)IMG_8406 (Large)

I’d love some feedback about skirts – do you think there’s room for more skirts out there in the world of girly clothing?  I’m wondering about bigger sizes, say girls’ sizes 6 to 12ish?  I know there is a lot of teeny tiny sizes already available, but perhaps there’s a need for something sweet for young ladies?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Yeeess. YES !! There is definitely room for REVERSIBLE skirts and other skirts and ruffles!! And big sizes, yes please!! My Miss 4 is not getting any smaller. Love. Love Amy. I love the memory sets too. If you keep creating new products, I am going to need a 2nd job! Haha..She loves the pants by the way, and they are a little too big, which is great news, imagine how much wear we will get out of them! She won't let me pass on her old ones, she wants to wear them as 3/4 pants! Such great value!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Angela!! So glad to get your feedback - and excited to make more skirts in the future! Great to hear that your Miss 4 likes her pants - hope she doesn't mind that they're on the big side...but you're right, they will last longer that way. Cute that she still wants her old pair too!

      Delete