Sunday, May 27, 2012

books and a birthday

IMG_0349 (Small)
Yesterday I turned 29, and was spoilt by everyone!
IMG_0381 (Small)
We had a little op-shopping trip in the morning, and my favourite buys were these gorgeous little novels…
IMG_0358 (Small)IMG_0359 (Small)
They are so sweet!  Only about 15cm tall, and all for $1!  I also found some lovely vintage pillowcases, so standby for something made from those soon (one of them is begging to be a skirt, but I’m pretending not to hear it because I already have enough skirts to wear a different one each day for the rest of the year…almost).
The boys and I love vintage picture books, and the ones above have lovely illustrations to go with their beautiful covers.  The colours are somehow so different to modern books.
IMG_0362 (Small)
“That’s it!” everybody cried.  “We’ll ask the hedgehogs...”
IMG_0361 (Small)
This one in the middle below is one of my favourite books, ‘A Hole is to Dig’ by Maurice Sendak, with illustrations by Ruth Krauss.  Almost every page has something that makes me laugh or smile!
IMG_0365 (Small)
These are a couple of my favourite pages.
IMG_0377 (Small)IMG_0374 (Small)
(There hasn’t been much sewing action around here lately, has there?!  Despite appearances, lots has been happening in the sewing room…tea wallets, crayon wallets, car wallets, birthday banners and lots more yummy stuff.  Hope to show soon!)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Amy...hope you had a nice day(c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday amy!
    guess what? you won some patterns on my blog :)
    can you send me an email to toni@makeitperfect.com.au so i can get some more info from you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful blog Amy. What a talented lady.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting, Sharon! I enjoyed my wander around your blog, too :o)

      Delete